If you’re similar to a lot of residents, you need your house to be secure at all times. but, do home security systems work in Baltimore?
The easy answer: you bet. But you need to pick the right system to benefit the most from your system. Not only do the alarms and sensors bring excellent protection, the state-of-the-art devices give a level of convenience and control you could not have thought possible. By adding automation, security cameras, and remote access through a phone app, you can make your time [[easier|simpler] and safer while also saving money on energy expenses.
Let's take a second to see why a home security system from Secure24 Alarm Systems is the best plan for your home.
Indispensable Home Security Features
In order to ensure your Baltimore home security system works to its potential, you have to get these essential security devices:
- Door and window sensors: You might find this unusual, but plenty of thieves come into your home right through the front door. The other two most common entry points are patio or back doors and ground-levelfirst-floor windows. For these reasons, door and window sensors are considered the bedrock of your home security system. When the system is live and your door sensors are triggered, the unmistakable, high-decibel siren will sound and your 24/7 monitoring experts will be contacted.
- Touchscreen smart hub: Don’t look for unresponsive number pads, as modern touch screens now run your security devices. These screens can also control your automation, home security cameras, and monitoring services.
- Mobile security app: The best home security allow you manage every segment of your house through a mobile app. Now if device senses something unusual, you will receive an instant notification to your smartphone. Also, arm and disarm your motion alarms remotely, program smart locks, adjust the thermostat and more.
- Security decals and yard signs: While there isn’t automation in a yard sign or a window cling, these will alert a would-be intruder that your home is secure.
Does A Home Security System Keep You Safer In Baltimore?
While it may seem like an exaggeration to install sensors and set-up an app on your smartphone when you already use locks and chose a nice town, expert studies support the notion that a security system will help protect your home. For example, a paper out of Rutger University concludes that many intruders will actively avoid homes with a home security system installed. They’ll instead go and target a faster house that is poorly protected.
That correlated with statistics from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. Their research states that most burglarized houses don’t have a home security system. In fact, they are 300% more likely to be burglarized than houses that are protected. And while showing that your home have an alarm helps dissuade break-ins, other items -- like smart lights and a doorbell security cameras -- can also make your house unappealing to burglars.
Of course, ADT home security can do much more than buzz an alarm. Nowadays you can add in some advanced components that make a home security system safer and energy efficient.
24-hour Monitoring Is A Reliable Backup Plan
Does a home security system work in Baltimore when they don’t use 24/7 monitoring? Relying on a constant vigilance is always the best ideas and 24-hour monitoring from trained professionals can make sure the police or fire come faster after a tripped sensor.
Monitoring professionals will secure your home all day long -- whether you are in the house or not. If you’re not on site to hear an alarm, your agent will contact you and the proper emergency service after a triggered alarm event. Even when you’re still at home, you can make sure kids and pets are all wrangled up.
Install The Same Monitored Services For Fire, Flood, and Medical
When you order your home security, you can choose to cover much more than security alarms. components like fire alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, and flood sensors can be connected to your complete system. If an emergency is sensed, your devices will act just like your home security alarms. Then when the high-decibel siren goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring team are notified, and a notification will show up on your smartphone.
Or make use of a panic button, which is conveniently pinned to you or a loved one via a neck pendant, bracelet, or shirt clip. If someone you live with is a fall risk or a medical problem, they can simply use a two-finger button to notify emergency services.
Add Security, Convenience And Energy Efficiency With Home Automation
Today’s automation components bring you a level of control and comfort you’ve never had before. They can make your house more efficient and reactive. And when you pair smart devices to your home security system, they can also make your house much safer. For instance:
- Schedule your smart lights to make it appear like your house is occupied when you’re on vacation.
- Have your hall smart bulbs come on whenever your doorbell camera senses suspicious motion.
- Use geofencing to secure your smart locks, turn off your living room lights, and lower the temperature when you leave the house.
- Program customized scenes that can pre-program your lighting, thermostat, alarms, and other devices with one touch of a button.
- Or simply check up all your devices and control your components through your security app.
Add that to the energy you’ll conserve with smart devices, and you’ll see how much you need a state-of-the-art security system in Baltimore. You will also be able to direct your system with vocal commands when you link your home security system to your Echo or Google Home.
Keep A View On Your House With Smart Cameras
Signs, decals, and proper lighting are wonderful intrusion deterrents, but video surveillance will take your protection to a higher plane. The last thing a thief wants is to be seen on a security camera as the clip could be leveraged against them in a criminal investigation. You can install outside, inside, and doorbell cameras, all which give you live feeds round-the-clock.
Do you want to see what’s the commotion you heard outside? Would you need to greet the kids after school? Has the groceries been delivered yet? All you have to do is to open the clip from your ADT Control app. You might also receive notifications on your phone whenever a delivery person rings the doorbell or they sees sudden motion. If you choose, you can talk with visitors with the two-way talk feature on the camera.
How To Get Your Security System In Baltimore?
Want help in creating a security system that works in Baltimore? Our ADT agents can custom-build the best alarms, automation, and security cameras that can be incorporated into one affordable plan. Contact us directly at (410) 934-3289 or complete the form below.