It wasn’t that long ago when wired devices were your only solution when hooking up a home security system. You didn’t have the option of positioning a security camera on a table or governing your components with a cell phone. But, home security is not like it used to be, due in large part to the development of wireless technology. You presently have a wealth of added perks to enjoy -- like system access from anywhere, seamless smart devices, and easy installs. Wireless home security systems in Baltimore will protect your home while adding convenience to your life.
Important Considerations If You Go Wireless
First and foremost, wireless home security systems must have a reliable connection to the internet to operate correctly. If you have high-speed internet and a quality wireless router, you’re a good candidate for wireless equipment.
If you’re worried about an internet or power outage, search for security systems that have battery and cellular backups available to maintain the connection to your monitoring team at all times.
If you live in a rural setting without reliable cellular or internet access, a wired system will in all probability be a wiser option. Or It may also benefit you from a monetary perspective to choose a wired installation if you live in a house that has security wiring already connected.
Advantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both traditional wired and wireless home security systems in Baltimore will boost the safety of your property, which is the main goal in the first place. However, if you welcome the idea of having the most current tech, check out these benefits of wireless:
- Access from anywhere: Gain access to everything in your residence from your locks to your security cameras directly from your mobile device with the ADT Control app. You have the ability to see footage from cameras, switch on your connected lights, and even activate your alarm system in the event you neglected to do so. When a security event does occur, you can have updates delivered right to your mobile device.
- Easy installation and customizing: Forget about the countless wires, damage to drywall, and time-consuming installs. One of the best aspects of wireless components is that you are able to put them virtually wherever you want and with little time or effort. If you wish to customize later with other equipment, integrating elements into your network is simple.
- Communications between devices: Wireless functionality makes interactions between devices possible with speedy, two-way communications. You may direct your components to take action in specific circumstances to increase your protection and dissuade break-ins. For example, if your outdoor camera detects odd movement around your home, it may instantly direct your inside lighting to illuminate.
Drawbacks Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Baltimore
Despite the fact that wireless home security systems in Baltimore have proven to be dependable, it’s only natural if you are a little hesitant about using one. Here are a handful of the common sources of concern:
- Battery-powered wireless components could fail when the battery dies. Although this could happen, your smart devices will alert you whenever batteries are getting low.
- Sensors generally have to be positioned within a certain distance from your home’s command center. ADT is able to supply range extenders for some packages to boost your flexibility.
- Like other computer networks, the risk of hacking exists. You can do things to prevent this by creating secure passwords, never using default settings, and using a router with a built-in firewall. Additionally, you should only use security devices with 128-bit encryption or higher.
Thinking About Going Wireless? Call Your Security Professionals
Have you decided to reap the benefits of the current advancements in Baltimore wireless home security? Contact us at (410) 934-3289 to consult with the security professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our experts will assist you in designing the perfect package for your home.