What are you looking for in a baby monitor in Baltimore?
In the olden days, a baby monitor was really straightforward. You install a microphone-type device in close proximity to the sleeping area, which transmits an audio feed to a walkie-talkie-looking receiver. However, baby monitors now offer many more features. To illustrate, many monitors now offer high-definition video feeds and two-way talk. You can even hook your monitors to your wireless network so you may wander all over the house. The latest baby monitors in Baltimore are so advanced that they are similar to indoor security cameras in both functionality and price.
Can you swap out a baby monitor for an indoor security camera?
Since baby monitors and home defense cameras have many of the same features, you have quite a few parents in Baltimore linking their nursery to their comprehensive home security package. This approach is beneficial -- particularly when using to Vivint smart home technology -- as your baby monitor now has:
● Night vision video: Your security camera should include 1080p high-definition imaging, and infrared LED technology for night vision.
● 2-way communications: Now you don’t need to go to the nursery to get your newborn back to a gentle slumber. Your reassuring words might be the only thing needed to keep them peaceful and resting.
● Sensors and alerts: While you can have your monitoring device continuously watch your baby sleep, your attention may diminish over time. But if your camera identifies unusual activity, it can be programmed to send a text alert to your smartphone. Perfect when the baby quietly scrambles over the crib or when your family dog wanders into the nursery.
● Recording capabilities: The majority of baby monitors do not capture video footage. You can now deliver a short segment to a relative or family friend to let them see what a special, sleepy child you have.
● Mobile phone monitor: Instead of having to lug a separate device with you, you can supervise your little one from your home security app. You can even say hello to your tot and babysitter if you’re able to get an evening away.