How Can Geofencing In Baltimore Enhance A Home Security System?
Today's home security options have become increasingly more intelligent. But, unfortunately, you may still fail to do easy security chores like activating your a security system, lowering the garage door, or locking all your doors.
How would you feel if you no longer needed to concern yourself with these things ever again? With geofencing in Baltimore, you can just leave the house and make your security system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Baltimore For Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual border around your house, which you may customize within your smart security app. This modern home security option then utilizes your mobile device to see when you go beyond the border and then initiates the tasks you have programmed.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart components take advantage of to communicate with other connected equipment. This technological advancement takes smart home devices further by centralizing all devices onto one, unified network. You can then institute a unique boundary around your home and assign particular actions if you move beyond the prearranged border line.
For instance, shortly after you pull away from your driveway, you can program your security system to engage door locks, shut the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing could be set to notify your system to disable the alarm, elevate the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even change your your home’s comfort levels.
These are some of the components you may control with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Security alarms and cameras
● Electronic devices such as speakers or TVs
● Overhead doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are Available In Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can use your home security system in Baltimore. When accessing the security app, you can reap the benefits of home automation. In a few easy touches of your phone, and you are able to:
● Set schedules: arrange your smart devices to engage at the times of your choice. Instruct your lighting to lower to tell you that it's time for bed, or disengage your alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make particular equipment activate in response to a triggered event. Have your thermostat turn on the fan when a smoke detector trips. Or switch on your hall’s smart light if your security camera detects strange movements around your property.
● Customize scenes: Create room and event scenes with various smart components that operate in unison. Have your lights turn off, the temperature go down, and the locks bolt when it's time for bed. Or program the system for a movie marathon with the right light and thermostat levels.
● Take advantage of geofencing: You may not always remember to set your alarm system if you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing technology and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and lower the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Baltimore
Whether you seek added certainty of a fully secured property whenever you go to work or you wish to explore your home automation options, geofencing can help. Speak with one of our representatives today at (410) 934-3289 or complete the form on this page to begin customizing your ideal security system.