Security cameras can simply be used as a hindrance—something that tells criminals or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can optimize your security cameras to strengthen your home’s security.
Luckily, modern security cameras arrive equipped with an array of additions all built to deliver all-encompassing protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording capabilities and 2-way audio or infrared night vision and lightning-quick motion sensors, these tools enable you to have the most from security cameras in Baltimore.
How To Set Up Your Baltimore Home Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
Placing your security cameras in the optimal locations around your home is the best place to jump in at with home security.. Indoor security cameras work best when placed in high traffic rooms like the kitchen or den. It’s also a good idea to set a camera looking at main entryways, stairs, or other transitional areas thieves would have to enter through to reach the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras work best to provide a clear view of your patio, drive, and patio, garage, and other outdoor isolated buildings, like sheds. You can always see a view of your front porch through a sleek doorbell camera.
There are locations within your house that are less important to surveil like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Secrecy for you and your visitors ought to be a major regard before placing a camera in a bedroom.. Consider adding window or motion detectors if you need a measure of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Elevate Home Security Cameras
Camera location is only the foundation for extracting the utmost out of home security cameras in Baltimore. The innovations described below help to maximize security and increase overall home security.
- Motion detection: See automatic alerts on your mobile device whenever strange movement is detected. You can also program cameras to begin filming when motions are detected which helps add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Program your security cameras to film and store clips so you can view them later.
- Two-way talk: Nearly all of current security cameras have a built-in mic and speaker so you are able to chat with guests with the camera. With your security app, you can make it seem you’re inside the building or talk to your kids as they get back from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view, or how wide camera the lens can see, provides a more complete view of an area. Check for cameras that allow for at least 120-degree coverage or that can pan in a wide arc for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Double check that your video surveillance come with either infrared or LED sensors that will pick up clips of overnight movement.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more specific, program activity zones. For example, you can tell your exterior camera to alert you of activity occurring on your yard or your patio and disregard animals passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Security app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, enable you to live-stream camera footage, control cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send up-to-date notifications when the sense something unusual taking place around your house.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your video surveillance in Baltimore is easier. From ultra fast motion detection to 2-way audio, your home security is elevated from just a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (410) 934-3289 or complete the form below to begin customizing your home security and camera system today.