Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Baltimore
You understand you need to safeguard your home. After all, it offers shelter for your spouse and children and is where you keep your valuables. But what kind of home defense is right for you? Whether or not to utilize 24/7 monitoring is one of the leading choices you will make. Learn more about the pros and cons of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Baltimore and get a better idea of what’s right for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you select 24-hour monitoring, your home’s defense links to an external monitoring service that is ready to provide help at all times. When a door sensor activates or a fire alarm begins beeping, your monitoring professionals get a prompt alert. They quickly go to work to validate the alarm and dispatch the applicable first responders.
Conversely, an unmonitored security system doesn’t come with professional backup. You can consider this choice as self-monitored, meaning that if an alarm sounds, you must take action to get it resolved. This possibility is the less expensive route, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Baltimore
Here’s a brief overview of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having 24-hour support at the ready is always smart. If you are on vacation, not awake, or without your cell phone, your residence and its occupants will still be watched over.
- Quicker response times: Monitoring agents are always prepared. They’ll react faster to incidents than you can on your own.
- Insurance reductions: Monitored home security may entitle you to a price cut on your home insurance premium.
- Superior equipment and seamless integration: When you receive equipment, monitoring, and installation from a trusted home security provider, you will enjoy a fully connected system with components that may be superior to what you will come across yourself.
Downsides Of A Monitored System
- Cost: You will pay a monthly charge for monitoring.
- Have to use professional installation: Many people would rather have the job taken care of by experienced professionals, but some might want to do it by themselves.
- Required to sign a contract: You will usually be required to sign a contract as part of your package. This may be agreeable for most as home security is a service you will want long term.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Baltimore
Here’s a quick rundown of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t have a monitoring charge.
- Self-installation: DIYers may think of this as a pro as they can handle the installation themselves and circumvent an installation charge. Other people may wish to use a skilled technician.
- More Flexibility: You can install components whenever you desire - and from different manufacturers. With that being said, you might find incorporating into a fully connected system a challenge.
- You have complete control: You won’t have anyone else monitoring your home’s defense. If an emergency unfolds, you’re in charge of getting assistance.
Cons Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What happens when you’ve misplaced your phone and don’t receive a security warning? This scenario will generate more stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Requires your total attention: As you are the only one in control, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- No support setting up the system: If you need help during the installation, you might have to hire someone else. The installation process is also likely to take much longer.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Baltimore
Stay protected 24/7 with a monitored home security system in Baltimore from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored system is the right solution for you. Dial (410) 934-3289 today to speak with our security experts.